Safe Haven Real Estate is a joint venture between Cecily Lees, an Attorney and Notary Public, and Archipelago Trading Ltd owned by Yvor Nassief, a businessman here in Dominica.
Safe Haven Real Estate was Dominica's first internet-based Real Estate company and has been in operation since 1999. It has an Agency at 6 Cork Street where walk-in customers can view pictures of property and get information from knowledgeable staff.
It specializes in the sale and rental of all types of property both commercial and domestic. For Developers seeking land for projects make this your first stop.
Cecily Lees studied at University College, London where she graduated with an Honors Degree in law. She then attended Chester College of Law in England where she obtained Part II of the Law Society Final Examination. She was admitted as a Solicitor in 1980 and was a Principal Legal Adviser with the British Government before coming to Dominica in 1997. She is also a Notary Public.
She was admitted as a Solicitor and Barrister in Dominica in 1998 and has since been practicing in the property and offshore sector. She is also a Director of Nature Island Destinations which is a local business dedicated to attracting stay over visitors to Dominica.
Cecily Lees is one of the founders of Orion Academy Secondary School and continues to be a Board member of the school.
Archipelago is a leader in financial services in the Commonwealth of Dominica (not to be mistaken for the Dominican Republic!), providing Insurance, Lending, Hire Purchase and Money Transfers. Archipelago is also the agent for Tropical Shipping.
In its commitment to the development of Dominica, Archipelago is a founding donor of Pioneer Academy, a non-profit school for infant and junior children here in Dominica.
Yvor Nassief studied at York University in Toronto where he obtained a B.A. Degree. After graduating he worked with Canada Packers Inc. from 1983 -1987 as a Commodity Trader. Between 1987 -1995 he was Marketing Director and a Board Member of Dominica Coconut Products Ltd., Dominica's major manufacturer. In 1989 he was appointed as a Director of the Fort Young Hotel, Dominica's leading Hotel and remains a Director to date. He founded Archipelago Trading Ltd in 1995. He is a former Minister of Tourism and Chairman of the Invest Dominica Authority.
The Real Estate Team
Danna Delsol is the Property Manager with Safe Haven Real Estate.
She has been employed with Safe Haven Real Estate for the last seven years. As Property Manager her duties include sales, both face to face and through email enquiries, customer service, uploading properties on the Safe Haven website and generally ensuring that everything runs smoothly in the estate agency outlet at 6 Cork Street.
Ms. Del Sol previously worked with another local company for five years in sales and customer service.
Danna holds a Certificate in Business Administration from the University of the West Indies as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Management Studies also with the UWI.
The Safe Haven Team at Rosalie Bay Resort
Kenneth Tyson shows most of Safe Haven Properties and is a valued member of team as he has a wealth of experience spanning 50 years!
Mr. Tyson trained in Puerto Rico, India, Barbados & Jamaica in the fields of Building Construction, Draughtsmanship (Architectural) Middle Management/Building Inspectors Course
We are pleased to welcome Mr. Charlestone Charles on our team.
1. Safe Haven is based in and dedicated to Dominica and is 100% Dominican
2. It has been providing a complete service since 1999, longer than any other realtor in Dominica.
3. It was set up professionally, with a visible outlet in the capital, based on the UK model, with properties displayed in the window.
4. t was the first realtor in Dominica to advertise properties for sale WITH THE PRICES DISPLAYED. The standards Safe Haven has set - the others have had no option but to follow.
5. It is managed by an experienced lawyer, so can offer additional services and can recognise and avoid contentious issues.
6. It has a website which is professionally managed by Delphis, updated daily and kept high in the visibility rankings.
7. It has a good quality photographer.
8. It has a core of permanent staff - secretary/receptionist, property manager, services of an Accountant, persons familiar with building code and planning regulations to show the properties.
9. Each year it produces a quality magazine which not only displays Properties but contains well written articles of interest to potential investors.
10. It has earned a reputation for reliability and excellence and has never
been the subject of any litigation.
If you are seriously considering purchasing property in Dominica speak to the Professionals.
Safe Haven advertises properties through the Internet and through selected magazines. Safe Haven has its own extensive web site and is also listed or has links with numerous other web sites.
Safe Haven has promoted Dominica to organizations some of which knew nothing about Dominica. These include a Channel 4 TV programme in England, "A Place In the Sun" with an attendant Listing in their publication, and International Homes and Garden which is a prominent British magazine, Homes World Wide, and the Sunday Telegraph.
Safe Haven is a member of the Society for Heritage Architecture Preservation & Enhancement (SHAPE).
Photos on this site are © Colin Lees, Nature Island Destinations Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Be sure to visit our blog for the latest information on Real Estate in Dominica.
Updates from our blog: